Over recent years, dog owners have become more aware of what they are feeding their dogs and how important this can be to their health. Rawhide, for example, is not as harmless as we once thought, for a number of reasons. In fact, rawhide can even be life threatening.
To answer the question, yes, pigs ears are good for dogs and if you are looking for an alternative to rawhide treats, look no further than our pigs ears. They are a wholesome, long lasting chew that will keep your dog’s happy for hours.
Pigs ears are easily digestible and contain a high amount of cartilage which helps to strengthen your dog’s jaw muscles and clean their teeth.
Benefits of pigs ears
- High Protein – Contains amino acids which are essential for muscle growth and repair, providing a better amino acid balance for your dogs.
- 100% Natural – Pigs ears are a one ingredient dog chew, nothing added and nothing removed, just 100% pigs ear.
- Essential Vitamins – Including Iron and Omega 3 which helps to support healthy bone and brain development.
- Natural Toothbrush – The action of chewing stimulates the release of saliva, flushing away bacteria and debris which would otherwise end up as plaque.
- Grain & Gluten free – Even those who are grain or gluten sensitive can enjoy pigs ears.
- Boredom Buster – Pigs ears are a long lasting dog chew, that will mentally stimulate your dog, keep them occupied to reduce boredom and promote calmness.
Why choose T.Forrest Pigs Ears?
Our pigs ears are manufactured in the UK at our family premises in Lancashire, where we slowly air dry our treats to lock in all the flavours, goodness and nutrients. We pride ourselves in the quality of our treats, so you and your dog’s won’t be disappointed. Our pigs ears are free from chemicals and additives, which means they are a single ingredient chew that are ideal for those with dietary restrictions or food sensitives.
When feeding your dog any treat, you should always keep a watchful eye on them. Some dogs get too excited and try to swallow the whole ear or tear off large chunks to swallow. Fresh drinking water should always be available too.
Pigs ears are a complementary addition to your dog’s diet and should not be fed on their own. Introducing new food to your dog’s diet could give them diarrhoea or loose stool, so you might want to cut them into smaller pieces or try our pigs ear strips to see how your dog handles them.